We have had several days of rain are supposed to get a good bit of rain in the following weeks. Remember high moisture levels or standing water in a crawlspace are bad things for a number of reasons.
1. High moisture levels in wood are very attractive to termites and other wood boring organisms.
2. High moisture levels in wood can cause mold issues which carry health risks.
3. High moisture can cause wood to rot and decay. This can lead to sagging floors, cracks in walls, and other structural issues.
4. High moisture draws insects, mice, rats, snakes, skunks and other critters.
5. Poor air quality inside the home. This can lead to asthma attacks, respiratory issues, rashes, headaches, and flu or cold symptoms.
What can be done about high moisture?
There are many things that can be done about high moisture or standing water in your crawl space.
- Added ventilation to crawl space.
- Crawl space moisture barrier.
- Crawl space encapsulation.
- French drain installation.
- Crawl space dehumidifier installation.
The method of treating these moisture control problems is determined by the severity of the problem and the construction of the home.
What should you do if you suspect you have a high moisture problem?
If you believe you have a high moisture or standing water issue don’t wait. Call a professional to evaluate and recommend the best course of action.
If you have a high moisture or standing water problem contact us today
Call now (866)442-7378
Please follow and like us: